Wednesday 13 November 2013

Timed assessment look 1 - Emma's Design


Finished looks




Designer – Emma Moon
Make-up Artist – Lily Mills

Peer assessment- 
Me and Emma both met up before are timed assessments to discuss each other’s ideas and looks and go over what we would both be doing. We also discussed how we would print some images out of our looks and give each other’s notes on the day along with our own kits so we could create each other’s looks easier with the right tools and equipment. With my look for Emma we discussed how Emma was not as confident in finger waving so I changed my design for my hair idea. We also discussed going in earlier for me to start her look and prep her hair earlier as I was doing finger waving for her look.
Advise for designer- Emma

Emma designed and practised her make-up look so that she knew what she was doing and could show me pictures of this before the timed assessment. Emma’s make-up ideas were good and she had good images to show me and instructions and knew what she wanted. What could have improved in Emma’s design was the use of accessories and also knowing more how she wanted the hair to be styled as she was still a little unsure of her idea. The make-up needed something more to compliment it such as a hat or some kind of accessory also but overall it was a good design and quite straight forward to do.
Self-reflection as make-up artist


I have learnt that I need to be more confident as a make-up artist and hair designer and just do what I think instead of worrying so much as this sometimes puts me off and distracts me from what I should be doing and causing me to make mistakes. I have learnt that I can do things if I put my mind to it and am relaxed and confident and have practised. With Emma’s look before the timed assessment I had to practise the look on myself just to make me feel better about what I would be doing in the timed assessment. My weakness are that I always feel unconfident in what iam doing when I shouldn’t and that I worry too much and can overthink what I am doing as long as I practise a look or design and am prepared I can achieve it.



No comments:

Post a Comment