Monday 14 October 2013

Abstract & Jeanne Mammen



This is an abstract make up look I done based on images I have researched and found from the Berlin era including paintings from this era. I experimented with different textures and movements to create this effect on the face, I used string and stuck this on then to work over the top of it with colours and movements. I quite like the end result of this look and think the textures and colours turnt out quite well referencing back to art movements. and diversity of this project.



Jeanne Mammen 

Jeanne Mammen is one of the most impressive, unusual and versatile German female artists of the twentieth century. She is frequently mentioned in connection with Käthe Kollwitz and Hanna Höch, two artists who also showed a strong engagement in social emancipation, and whose most successful years also date to the Weimar era. 
I really like Jeanne Mammen's work and how she paints and draws the Weimar era. I choose these two different paintings of hers as they are both very individual and show her versatility in images. The first one is painted very brightly with lots of movements shapes and tones within the background and the people in the painting. The second image is very grey coloured and quite intense showing a completely different atmosphere to the first image.


No comments:

Post a Comment