Sunday 20 October 2013

Scratch wigs ...

Applying scratch wigs to the head.

I firstly started of by brushing the hair threw and then started to plait the hair into French plaits and wrap them around the head and grip them into place. I then plaited the front part of the hair also as my model had a fringe so it was shorter at the front I then gripped that plait back also. After plaiting the hair and pinning it into place I sprayed the hair with some hairspray to get the stray hairs down, then I applied a pair of tights to the head to keep the hair in place and also so the wig has something to sit on without irritating the models head. After doing this I gripped the hair at the sides to keep the tights in place on the head. Once this was done you can apply different wigs to the head getting your model to help you put this on by holding the front of the wig while you pull the back of it on to the head. Make sure you brush and style the wig before placing it on the head as this will be harder to do once placed on the head and could be uncomfortable. Also make sure no grips/pins are digging into your models head before you place the wig on properly as your model will be uncomfortable.












No comments:

Post a Comment