Thursday 5 December 2013

Final idea look 3 & Moodboard


For my third and final look I wanted to express diversity through Race and Culture looking at when we see mixed race or darker raced skin especially within fashion/ catwalk they are made to look westernised and how there is a lack of diverse coloured models on the catwalks and used in photography. I wanted to create an image showing that we should be proud of where we originate from and that magazines or fashion based industry's should not lighten skin tones or make people look different and that a lot more mixed race models should be used within the fashion industry celebrating different cultures. With my third look I have created a design which is almost like a mask as if my model has had her skin lightened and she is unzipping this mask to show her real skin colour. I will also be adding colour referencing Trinidad and Tobago carnival where my model is from along with using colours that reference artists from the Berlin era that create abstract images. I have made the hair more simple like a catwalk hairstyle as I did not want to take to much away from the make-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment