Thursday 5 December 2013

practise look and face chart;Race and Culture

First Practise 


Second Practise




These images were my practise design for my final look for my look to do with race and culture. Because I wanted to include about how the fashion industry and some mixed race and dark people lighten there skin to look more westernised, I went with the idea of creating a look as if the person is wearing a mask of lighter colour that has been unzipped to show there true colour as if there hiding who they really are when they should be proud of there ethnicity and colour. I have also included quite bright colours into this design leading from the ideas of abstract art in the 1920's Berlin and also making it personal to my model by linking the colours to her background of Trinidad and Tobago and the huge carnival they hold every year that they are very proud of showcasing and celebrating there country.

No comments:

Post a Comment