Wednesday 4 December 2013

Timed Assessment look 2- My Design



                                                           Finished Look

Designer  – Lily Mills
Make-up artist – Emma Moon

Advise for Make-up artist – Emma

Emma done really well with my design, considering how particular I wanted it to look, and how I used quite a few different products to design it with that could have potentially caused some problems. Emma followed my face charts and pictures well so that the final result looked like I had done it and how it had been planned. What could have been improved was how she read my instructions on how to do the make up to make it easier for herself and possibly trying parts of the look on herself before the timed assessment even though this was hard as she did not have the same products I was using. I think Emma learnt how to use some other products and was introduced to some products she had not used before. I also think that Emma could be a little more organised if we done a timed assessment again but overall done a really good job and I was happy with it.
Self-reflection as designer.


As the designer for this look I feel I could have put more effort into my design and made it a little less complicated but better looking, and I also I could have been more creative with the hair and possibly with accessories. I have learnt that I am quite good at giving instructions and writing down exactly what to do and how to do it so someone could follow it again easily. My Strengths are that I know what I want a look to look like in my head and how to design it but my weakness is that I am not always the most organised, and also I constantly want to change my ideas so this can let my look down. To improve my skills as a designer I need to complete a look earlier so Iam am more prepared for my overall look.

No comments:

Post a Comment