Friday 6 December 2013

Goodbye to Berlin/Diversity Evaluation

Evaluation

I became excited about this project when we were told it was going to be about diversity and showing people who are or we considered to be diverse. To begin with I enjoyed looking at the subject of 1920s berlin and seeing how the people at the time were diverse and how many different characters there were at this time, especially from reading the book goodbye to berlin and discussing the different characters within the book. When starting to look at other subjects no longer linked to 1920’s berlin I became slightly confused of the design process and outcome that my project would have. I was still in the mind set of berlin and hit a wall with ideas and inspiration leading off from the berlin era into modern day diversity, it took me a while to grasp what I was meant to be doing and achieving as a final outcome. Once I started to understand what I had to achieve and that it was decided we could link the berlin era in to are look by either creating a character from this time or going are own way on showing diversity I started to feel happier with the project. I started to gather ideas and inspiration from practical lesson, artists from the 1920s berlin era and also from are seminar lessons where we discussed issues and situation accruing in the media now and debating are opinion’s on these and the fashion industry today. I researched into a variety of different areas of diversity looking at age, race, size and many other aspects deciding on creating 3 different looks showing 3 different meanings and transformations. My first idea was to use 3 dissimilar people showing a different age race and potentially gender but having them all look the same. I decided on not doing this idea as I wanted to explore creating diverse looks on models and exploring the techniques I had learnt in my practical lessons. I also originally found it hard to find people who would model for me and the ideas that could work around studio timings and travelling here. I decided to keep to looking at age, race and also body image using 3 dissimilar models but creating different looks on these models as an end result so I could use techniques learnt. I wanted my images to show hints of real people that we see every day that aren’t models who are all different and beautiful and how they themselves are diverse whether this be in there looks there age how they choose to dress or their ethnicity or culture. I feel that my research of my project and ideas has gone well and that my final looks are what I wanted to achieve. I know that there are a lot of things I would improve and change about my project such as my time management and practise of ideas, along with getting a lot of my looks and photographs done earlier so that there was time for trial and error. Not all my looks went to plan and I had a few situations with photography and lighting and timing of when my models could come. I would of also liked to have created some short films or one film but am overall quite happy with the outcome of my project and feel my images show diversity but did not enjoy the project as much as I though I would and would have liked to. 

Bibliography sources with writing and images in Blog.

Technical file sign of sheet





No comments:

Post a Comment